Friday 12 November 2010

Granny squares

I had great fun at Tea and Crafting (teaandcrafting.co.uk) yesterday evening. I'd always wanted to learn how to make Granny squares, and Debbie had taught me some of the basic crochet stitches. I found it tricky at first but Jane is a great and patient teacher, and 8 willing pupils were soon hooking away. 


Now I can make these groovy matching tank-tops and tabard I found in a fab    knitting book!                                                                                                         
                                                                        

          
I'll show you the finished article when I've made a couple more rounds. I'm going again next week to make a flower brooch - really looking forward to that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow how cute, Maureen is going to teach us how ti crichet when she comes over for christmas very excited, how cool are the patterns, where on earth did you find them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the book in my favourite remainder bookshop! It's a compilation of all the most funky things you can imagine - knitted hotpants, ponchos, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!