Friday 27 May 2011

concerts: one to play, one to listen

So busy, with reports and exams and a planning weekend for next academic year; it's so long since I blogged!

 I had a lovely musical weekend! On Saturday I played in a concert at St Mary's, Putney with the Thorington Players. Always a pleasure to play beautiful music in good company. The programme was Wagner Siegfried Idyll (I think the best Wagner is without the singing!) Brahms Piano concerto No.1 and Haydn Symphony No.93. It was a charity concert for Spires, which helps the homeless, and the Shooting Star children's hospice.



On Sunday I was in the audience for a change. Lorna gave a recital in the Music Room at Burgh House, a very handsome Queen Anne house on Hampstead Heath. She sang Shakespeare settings by Purcell and Finzi, Schumann's Frauenliebe und Leben and three songs by Richard Strauss. Wonderful! And all this on top of arranging her wedding in two weeks' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!