Sunday 17 July 2011

The Birds of the Air

I sang and played in a beautiful concert last night - The Birds of the Air. I had a real mission to find some bird themed violin music other than The Lark Ascending, but in the end found a Sonata by Biber, which also had  cat and  frog movements; sadly omitted as they didn't fit the Avian theme, but maybe another time.... A nightingale, cuckoo, cock and hen and quail featured, and it was good fun to practise! I had a solo song too, Ravel's Trois Oiseaux de Paradis. We also sang a fantastic piece in Mediaeval French with bird sounds (Jannequin) which was amongst the most difficult things I've ever learnt, but well worth it!

Follow this link to listen to the concert: https://storage-eu.gmx.com/guest?path=Birds%20Concert%20from%20peter_smith%40gmx.co.uk&token=1EDA3A27C125E3A2&locale=en


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!