Thursday 2 August 2012

Cute as buttons

I went to a jewellery making class on Monday evening, at the London School of Jewellery at Hatton Garden, and under the skilled direction of the lovely Chu-Mei made these! Delighted with them! Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas!!!


All you need : buttons, memory thread or waxed cotton, jump rings and a clasp. 7 button stacks for a bracelet, slightly overlapping so it curves around your wrist.

 
15-17 button stacks, depending on button size, for a necklace, not overlapping, but adjacent. It should sit on your collarbone. Too long and it won't hang nicely.



I tried a different colour combination -what! no pink!- and was really pleased with this one.


What a great evening! Thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am going to try the bracelets with thick nylon elastic thread, and if that works, I can make them with the girls at school for Activities Week, I think some would find fixing the findings too fiddly, and Jan and I would end up doing them. I'll post what we did this year soon.

I am on the mailing list now, so will look out for more classes. Have a look at their website:
www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk  They offer everything from one-off taster classes to 5 week evening classes to diploma level qualifications.

1 comment:

  1. Quelle jolie bracelet!!! :O) J`adore!!!!
    Bonne semaine!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!