Sunday 26 June 2011

Theatre

I've had two super outings to the theatre in the last week! I went to see 'Blink Again' with Anthony at the Above the Stag theatre; a sequel to a show we saw last year. It's an evening of great songs from musicals that weren't successful on the stage in the West End or on Broadway. There were just 5 performers, and the space is tiny - like someone's sitting room. We had dinner beforehand at Wagamama, so it was a lovely way to relax after a day at School.


Teresa and I went to see The Railway Children at the old Eurostar terminal at Waterloo, actually on the platforms and the tracks, with a real 1906 steam train. A very strong cast, with Marcus Brigstocke as Mr Perks, complete with Yorkshire accent. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and yes, I did cry at the end, as I knew I would! Karol in my form was in the children's cast last year, but I didn't manage to see her. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking to see a show in town.

1 comment:

  1. The first one sounds a bit dodge but the railway children sounds fab, remember everyone used to think I looked like the girl in it, her name escapes me now xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting - please tell me what you think - I love to read your comments!